Rob Dean is a former prosecutor who represents clients in serious criminal and traffic offenses.
Before forming the firm, he worked as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for the City of Lynchburg, Virginia, where he prosecuted over 350 cases, ranging for serious traffic matters to felony crimes. During this time, he lectured on criminal law and procedure at the Central Virginia Criminal Justice Academy.
In law school, he served as a prosecutor intern with the Rockbridge County Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney and received a pro bono service award for his work. He was member of the Moot Court Executive Board and coached the school’s mock trial team in national competition.
A former basketball coach, Mr. Dean is an avid supporter of Michigan sports. He also writes a blog about using technology in legal practice.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Prosecutor, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for the City of Lynchburg
- Prosecutor Intern, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Rockbridge County/Lexington
- Instructor, Central Virginia Criminal Justice Academy
- Prosecutor Bootcamp, Virginia Association of Commonwealth Attorneys
- Trial College, National Association of District Attorneys
- Summer Law Clerk, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Intern, Federal Trade Commission – Bureau of Competition
- Represented clients in state and federal courts throughout Virginia, including Roanoke City, Roanoke County, Salem City, Montgomery County, Bath County, Franklin County, Bedford County, Henry County, Tazewell County, Augusta County, Rockbridge County, Rockingham County, Loudoun County, Fairfax County, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Charlottesville, Arlington, and Richmond
- Prior to practicing law, worked as a research associate with the Center for Gene Therapy at the University of Michigan Medical School
- Building a 21st Century Law Practice: Tips for the Digital Age, April 2015
- Best Practices and Legal Ethics of Social Media Evidence, September 2014
- Launching a Cloud-Based Document Management System, April 2014
- Practice Tips for Going Paperless, April 2014
- Legal Research Tips for the 21st-Century Attorney, March 2014
- Virginia Ethics of Digital Marketing, January 2014
- Law Office Management: How to Run a Paperless Office, October 2012
- Apple iPad for Virginia Trial Lawyers: How to Prepare for Trial and Make Your Case, October 2012
- Board of Directors, Roanoke Bar Association
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, The Ted Dalton American Inn of Court
- Member, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyer’s Conference
- Chair, Virginia State Bar, First Day in Practice Seminar (2012-Present)
- Member, Virginia State Bar Special Committee on the Technology and Practice of Law (2012-Present)
- Past Secretary, Board of Directors, West End Center for Youth (2012-2015)
- Co-Chair, Blue Ridge Legal Services Pro Bono Hotline (2013-Present)
- Member, Membership Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013-Present)
- Member, Young Trial Lawyer’s Leadership Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013-Present)